Living with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome is no cup of tea. Let's just be honest, girls. Sometimes it is downright infuriating! People can be so ignorant sometimes and their well meaning comments can often leave us stinging when they walk away.
If you are fed up with well-meaning friends and family who constantly hurt your feelings, ignore your struggles, and well... piss you off, then feel free to pass this along.
Here are 10 things you shouldn't say to a woman with PCOS.
1. You just need to take some Tylenol and lie down with a heating pad. That always helped with my cramps.
2. Maybe you just need some medication for anxiety to take the edge off. It sounds like depression instead of hormones.
3. I was on WebMD last night and it said...
4. Are you sure a fertility clinic is safe? I just don't think you could handle it if you became like that Octomom I saw on 20/20.
5. Dr. Oz said that losing weight will cause you to get pregnant. Have you tried dropping a few pounds?
6. Maybe it just isn't God's will for you to get pregnant right now. Be patient.
7. You mean you're going to have a test tube baby?!
8. Hey! I'm pregnant with Baby #3! It's a total shock. We really didn't want another one...
9. Just relax! You're just too uptight and it's messing your body up.
10. I think you should just adopt. Why would you spend all that money on fertility treatments when you could adopt a starving baby in Africa?
While there might (MAYBE) be a tiny bit of truth (and I do mean tiny) in some of those statements, most of them are just bogus. So do yourself and your loved one a favor and be sensitive to your frien